TLDR; Resolutions require resolve. Goals require questioning and testing skills.
Do you make New Year Resolutions? I set goals that I believe in, then create work plans, and adjust my expectations based on what I do, and I do change my mind based on experience. But I also, use my testing skills to do all of that.
How to use your Testing Skills to define goals and plans - The Evil Tester Show - New Year Special 2018
In this show you will learn:
- What is a resolution?
- why do you want it?
- how your beliefs help you
- how your testing skills help you define goals and create action plans
- Big goals or small goals?
- how to explore progress on goals as value add chunks
- Prioritise and learn to say NO
- Books for Questioning - The Structure of Magic - vols 1 and 2
- see also “NLP for Testers” https://www.compendiumdev.co.uk/page/nlp