TLDR; Another month of lots of content with tools, blog posts, patreon and links
The content on Patreon is accessible for only $1 a month at patreon.com/eviltester. Supporters gain access to downloadable PDFs of the content and micro courses e.g. How I Test - Web App, Test Ability Audit and more
If you want to keep up to date on a more regular basis you can follow me on - Linkedin, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Youtube
And I have newsletter you can sign up for.
Tools & Code
I wrote a couple of Chrome Extensions, and updated my testing practice apps.
- Testing Apps I updated my testing apps so that the REST API and the GUI app have better multi user support.
- Rest Listicator is on Heroku a practice test REST API
- The Pulper is on Heroku The Pulper practice GUI testing app is on Heroku
I’ve been updating my sites and migrated more content over to EvilTester.com
- Migrated my Conference Page Archive
I also updated my services pages to describe in easier format what I do. If you want any consultancy help with testing or development then these pages might help.
- Remote Code Reviews If you want to improve your Test Automation but don’t want onsite consultancy then I can review your code remotely and offer feedback and mentoring.
- Test Automation Improvements - Quick Starts, Next Level, Proof of Concepts
- Bespoke Consultancy
- Agile Coaching
Did you know I have a free guide on “What is Agile Software Testing?”
All my YouTube videos are embedded within blog posts, so I haven’t listed the videos separately.
- How to View URL Query Parameters using Browser Dev Tools
- February 2019 EvilTester.com and Patreon Content Summary
- Are there any programming Katas related to testing?
- What is Software Testing And Why Do We Test Software?
- Which is the best link checking tool?
- Chrome functionality or extensions for responsive web testing?
- Review of Emmet Re-view Chrome extension
- Episode 009 - The Why? Special - The Evil Tester Show
The Evil Tester Show had 2 new episodes released
- What is Software Testing? a discussion of definitions and trying to keep things simple.
- The Why Special how and when to ask questions that get relevant answers, rather than asking “Why?” all the time
Things that caught my eye
I usually post things that catch my eye on Twitter
- Machine Learning - Learning Path a curated ordered list of machine learning resources
- Every Google account has access to a 5 gig cloud VM
- Random Data when Automating
- The Architecture of Open Source Apps Books are available online
- Free hosting options for personal apps and projects not just Heroku
- Smells to refactoring cheat sheet
- Zero to hero security testing course ongoing security testing course with live videos
- Building fast interpreters in Rust
- An overview of K6 performance testing tool
I mentioned a few other things on Twitter but if you scroll through my timeline then I’m sure you’ll find them
Some of this is overlap with the blog and YouTube. When I release a YouTube video I also provide it ad-free to Patreons and create a blog post for it. And I discuss my blog posts in more detail with extra thoughts over on Patreon. I also create unique content on Patreon, so there is usual more released on my Patreon site than publicly.
Patreon Posts For March 2019
- BDD, GDA and GAL
- Are we constantly re-inventing the testing we perform?
- New $5 benefit coming soon
- Abstractions Scale When Libraries Fail
- All Models are Useful - revisited
- Newly arrived - Experiencing The Impossible
- New Podcast - The Why? Special
- I, We, You They - the language of influence illustrated in bad and good speeches
- Book Bundle on attitude, courage to speak, negotiation
- Software Testing Checklists?
- Alfred Adler’s Early Recollection technique and courage to speak up
- How to develop a a ‘say what needs to be said’ attitude
- Another Affordable Screen Recording Tool
- Perceptual Positions
- Pulper Test App On Heroku
- Do you really need to write that tool?
- Using Chrome for responsive web testing
- Review of Emmit Re:View Chrome Extension
- That’s not right - reactions to other code and approaches
- Personal Resources - Brief Therapy
- Is Automation the most contentious topic in testing?
- What are you changing? What are you working on?
- Study hard in the most undisciplined, irreverent and original manner possible.
- What is Software Testing, a Simple Explanation
- What is a context free definition of software testing?
- Releasing a Chrome Extension to the Store
- Automating Manual Script Generation
- Code Katas for testing
- Which link checkers do you use?
- February 2019 Content Extracts
- Do what only you can do
I release a PDF which has the full text of all my blog posts and patreon posts as a Patreon benefit to make it easier for Patreon supporters to catchup in batch mode.
You can gain access to the content on Patreon for only $1 a month at patreon.com/eviltester. Supporters gain access to downloadable PDFs of the content and micro courses e.g. How I Test - Web App, Test Ability Audit and more
You will need a Github account to comment. Or you can contact me with your comment.
I reserve the right to delete spam comments e.g. if your comment adds no value and its purpose is simply to create a backlink to another site offering training, or courses, etc.