TLDR; Another month of lots of patreon content, code reviews and a few blog posts and links
The content on Patreon is accessible for only $1 a month at patreon.com/eviltester. Supporters gain access to downloadable PDFs of the content and micro courses e.g. How I Test - Web App, Test Ability Audit and more
I’ve been concentrating on business this month, and creating a few new videos (for other companies) and conducting some code reviews.
If you want to know how I conduct code reviews then my Remote Code Reviews page explains it. This is a really good way to get experienced feedback on your projects even if you don’t want a more lengthy consultancy engagement.
I’m always happy to learn about your consultancy or mentoring needs. Remember consultancy is very cost effective because I hit your problems hard and fast or I work with your teams for short targeted engagements. You don’t hire me for 6 months, you hire me for days at a time and each engagement is tailored exclusively for you.
All my YouTube videos are embedded within blog posts, so I haven’t listed the videos separately.
- How to Release a Chrome Extension to the Chrome Store
- What to do if your Chrome Extension is Rejected from Chrome Store
Things that caught my eye
Things that caught my eye that I mentioned on Twitter
- a useful guide to CSS from freeCodeCamp
- From beginner to submitting 5 reports to HackerOne
- Chrome extension which acs as a file explorer on Github
- My current favourite podcast Seeker!
- Reverse engineering iOS applications
- Google Analytics Debugger
- Computer Automation magazine from 1960s
- Security Testing Recon Resources
- instructions for writing a neural net to play Sonic and other retro games
- Must read AI books
I mentioned a few other things on Twitter but if you scroll through my timeline for April then I’m sure you’ll find them
Patreon Posts For April 2019
There is usually more released on my Patreon site than publicly on the blog.
- Security Testing Challenge
- Useful CSS References and Why you should learn CSS
- Standing Desks?
- Canvas Driver Updated
- Migrating back to mono-repo
- New(ish) Game for Exploring and Testing
- Worked Example - Different Model Outcomes - Security vs Testing
- Patreon Tier changes for May
- Stuck? Models can limit our testing as well as create options
- Teaching Doubt and Distrust with Lockpicking and Security Testing
- Sources of Overdelivery
- Test Planning Lessons Learned Applied to Communication Planning
- How do you evaluate an expert opinion, when you are not an expert?
- Sales Funnels and Test Strategy Wiki Pages
- Are you synchronising effectively?
- Sales and Marketing and Testing
- Emulators vs Simulators
- Do you read enough code?
- Make your testing visible
- Motivation is internal
- What is special about Context Driven testing?
- Counterstring in Chrome Store
- Do it over, rather than fix in the edit.
- Persistence Puts Extensions on The Chrome Store
- What advice would you give to a new head of testing at a startup?
- March 2019 Archive
I release a PDF which has the full text of all my blog posts and patreon posts as a Patreon benefit to make it easier for Patreon supporters to catchup in batch mode.
And I have newsletter you can sign up for.
You can gain access to the content on Patreon for only $1 a month at patreon.com/eviltester. Supporters gain access to downloadable PDFs of the content and micro courses e.g. How I Test - Web App, Test Ability Audit and more