Skip to main content

Aug 5, 2016 - 1 minute read - Selenium Simplified Blog WebDriver

Selenium WebDriver 3.0.0-beta2 and JUnit and GeckoDriver v 0.10.0

I started to have a look at Selenium WebDriver 3.0.0-beta2

And my @Test methods were running from the IDE, but not running on CI.

The effect in CI was, no tests executing at all:

 Running TestSuite
 Configuring TestNG with: org.apache.maven.surefire.testng.conf.TestNG652Configurator@77468bd
 Tests run: 0, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.424 sec

I don’t use TestNG, I use JUnit.

Since this only happened when I switched to 3.0.0-beta2, and not in beta1 or 2.53.1, I raised a defect on github.

Luke pointed out that we can use the dependency management in Maven to exclude some of the dependencies.

Making my maven include for Selenium WebDriver 3.0.0-beta2 the following:


So I changed the pom.xml make to my CI project to run beta2

I also upgraded the Marionette/Geckodriver executable.

David Burns has released a v 0.10.0 version of GeckoDriver to use with the v 3.0.0-betas

So upgrade to that when working with 3.0.0-betaX

You will need a Github account to comment. Or you can contact me with your comment.

I reserve the right to delete spam comments e.g. if your comment adds no value and its purpose is simply to create a backlink to another site offering training, or courses, etc.