Huib Schoots recently asked for a top 10 books list for testers. I had to think hard when I wrote my list.
Bulleted below you can read the list I created. I added amazon links to the book so you can find them easily.
- Provocative Therapy - Frank Farrelly
- The Art of War - Sun Tzu
- The book of Five Rings -Miyamoto Musashi
- Diagnosing the System - Stafford Beer
- The Structure of Magic (vols 1 & 2) - Richard Bandler and John Grinder
- Quantum Psychology - Robert Anton Wilson
- Organizations - James March and Herbert Simon
- Influence - Robert Cialdini
- Software Testing Techniques - Boris Beizer
- Domain Driven Design - Eric Evans
Only one of my titles had other people listing it as a shared title - Boris Beizer’s book. Sadly,
it didn’t make the top ten, so if you do read the above books then you’ll be joining an exclusive club of Testers in the know.
And if you read the other books you’ll be initiating yourself into an even more exclusive group. The group of people who have read all those books.
I think I added some of these books into the related reading section of “Dear Evil Tester", which has additional notes on why the books are important to me.
(This post was originally written around May/June 2013, but for some reason never left draft until 17/3/2017)