On 22nd February 2013 I presented a webinar covering the basics of refactoring to Page Objects and other parts of an abstraction layer. The coding was done live, with me talking about the thought processes and reasons as I went.
Main topic covered in this webinar video is Page Objects:
- Refactoring to Page Objects
- What should be in a page object?
- Demonstration of adhoc custom page objects
- When to use domain objects versus page objects?
- Discussion of Page Factory, Slow Loadable Component, Loadable Component
- This is the second in a series of webinars on WebDriver automation using Java. It is a companion to my online training courses. In this webinar series I do “live” coding on a “real” application and explain my thought processes as I go. I try to answer questions that the webinar participants post as I go through.
I have uploaded the video for watch on demand. This is the meetingburner recording, not my local recording (which should be better quality but I have not edited it yet).
You cannot see the chat window in the replay so you will have to imagine what questions were asked during the webinar. And I do repeat some of them as I work through.
This recording shows the 45 minutes of the Webinar, not the additional 15 minutes of questions after the webinar.