A Commonsense Video Guide to Agile Software Testing and Development
The short video above introduces you to Agile Testing and Alan’s thoughts on how to improve. These are practical and well grounded, often commonsense answers and suggestions.
- Don’t BE Agile. Instead develop with Agility.
- Explains the principles of Agile Testing
- Testing is part of the software development process, we have to learn to craft our approach uniquely for each Agile Project
- We have to learn the appropriate questions to ask on an Agile Project
- Explains what a tester actually does
- How much should you automate on your project?
- Focus on results, what you want to achieve and the information you need to do that
- Are testers necessary on an Agile project? Yes, “they see opportunities to test that other people do not see”
- Answer “should we automate our testing?”
- How to test and automate within the sprint.
- What does ’every body tests’ mean? Harnessing all the skill sets of everybody on the team.
- What makes an Agile Tester different? Their ability to approach their job with flexibility.
- What tools should we use?
- “The tester doesn’t do all the testing, the tester does the BEST testing.”
The answers in the above video are based on experience of working with multiple teams and many Agile projects, working as a programmer, manager and tester. Alan avoids a lot of ‘jargon’ and communicates clearly and effectively to help teams improve quickly.
Are you wondering How to Test Software on Agile Projects?
This free mini eBook brochure answers the most Common Questions about Testing on Agile Projects:
Answers in "The Evil Tester's Guide to Agile Testing Brochure" PDF Version