I just installed JDK 1.8 and had a problem:
- I could not figure out where JAVA_HOME was configured
- I wanted an easy way to switch between versions
After a bit of Google searching I learned about:
- Finding/Setting JDK/$JAVA_HOME on Mac OS X
- displays the current Java version in use
- displays all current Java versions available
- displays the path for the specific version
And in the above article, I found a comment describing aliases.
I added the following aliases into my .profile
alias java6="export JAVA_HOME=`/usr/libexec/java_home -v1.6`" alias java7="export JAVA_HOME=`/usr/libexec/java_home -v1.7`" alias java8="export JAVA_HOME=`/usr/libexec/java_home -v1.8`"
After executing “
source .profile” the aliases became active.
And now I can easily switch between the various versions of Java.
- Do not add spaces in the alias between
java6 = "exportor your alias won’t work
- Other options are listed at mike.mainguy
- Steve Bennett suggested jenv.be
You will need a Github account to comment. Or you can contact me with your comment.
I reserve the right to delete spam comments e.g. if your comment adds no value and its purpose is simply to create a backlink to another site offering training, or courses, etc.