I can help you improve your Test Automation through consultancy, coaching or training.
I have helped teams implement and improve their Test Automation and use of Selenium WebDriver and API Automating libraries.
If you are facing any of these problems then I have solved them for other clients and can help you:
- flaky test automation and need experienced help to make it robust?
- you are using Selenium WebDriver are not sure how to make it even better?
- you want to maximise the re-use potential of your automated code but are not sure how?
- your team need to improve fast but you’re not sure about the next steps to take?
- you want to automate the API but don’t know where to start?
Proof of concepts
- created proof of concept automation code to demonstrate the effective use of Selenium WebDriver on client applications (in both Java and C# .Net).
- Even a small engagement, such as one or two days of proof of concept automation, has provided a reference artifact that clients have built on and referred to for months, as they incrementally improve their use of automation tools.
Quick Start Introduction of Automated Execution into projects
- created the basic abstraction layers appropriate for projects for GUI and REST API work
- created Page Object Level abstractions,
- created Domain Object Level abstractions,
- trained the team and mentored them in robust automated execution approaches
Test Automation Code Reviews
- By reviewing automation code remotely and onsite
- Sharing lessons learned from experience
- Helping create more maintainable and readable code
- Showing why good coding practices are important for Test Autoamtion
- Saving code that would have been scrapped and started over
Improved Existing Automation Approaches
- helped testers, familiar with other automation tools, migrate to Selenium WebDriver,
- help maximise the value of running the automated tests through continuous integration,
- use standard technologies for reporting to minimise manual test reporting for automation and improve the visibility of the coverage of automated execution,
- trained people with no automation experience to use Selenium and REST API tools
- helped people use Selenium in conjunction with specification tools such as FitNesse and Spock,
- and more…
Automation Health Check Reviews
A health check review is a short term engagement to give you confidence in what you are doing well and identify improvements with discrete steps to take action on.
- A review of existing automation approaches - not limited to Selenium WebDriver - to identify risks, gaps, improvements, assess the effectiveness of tools in use and recommend alternatives. This has covered areas such as
- GUI automation as well as non-GUI automation
- Mobile and Desktop automation as well as Web automation
- Use and generation of test data
Contact me for Test Automation Consultancy and help with Selenium WebDriver and API Automating.