London Tester Gathering Workshops June 2018 - Testability Audit
Audit, Explore and expand your ability to Test and Automate applications.
Title: The Evil Tester’s Test Ability Audit
Testability is different from Test Ability is different from Automatability. In this workshop we explore all of this with hands on examples.
Ability is one of the key attributes that elevates your testing proficiency. In this workshop we will evaluate ability from a number of different perspectives:
- our ability to test
- the features of applications that support our testing
- technology attributes that support testing
- application and tool attributes that ease automating
We will also take stock of our current ability and build an action plan to improve our test ability.
This workshop has elements of discussion, hands on investigation and hands on testing.
At the end of this workshop you will:
- Understand the difference between Testablity, Test Ability and Automatability
- Have Performed a Technology Testability Audit on Web Technology, Mobile Technology or a variety of application frameworks
- Have Performed an Application Testability Audit
- Have Performed an Automatability Audit
- Have performed an audit of your own Test Ability and created an action plan to improve your ability to test.
You will need a device (laptop, mobile, tablet) with wifi or internet access to take part in the hands on audit sections.
Alan Richardson has over twenty years of professional IT experience: as a programmer, tester and test manager. Author of four books and several online training courses to help people learn Java, Technical Web Testing and Selenium WebDriver. He works as an independent consultant, helping companies improve their software development, automated execution, agile, and exploratory technical testing. Alan posts his writing and training videos on SeleniumSimplified.com, EvilTester.com, JavaForTesters.com, and CompendiumDev.co.uk.