Nordic Testing Days 2017
I will speak at the Nordic Testing Days 2017 in Tallinn, Estonia. I'm doing three different sessions, so I'll be busy..
- Tutorial - "Java For Testers - 1 Day Hands On" - June 7th
- Keynote - "Creating yourself as a tester - make your own testing path" - June 8th
Keynote - "Creating yourself as a tester - make your own testing path"
We are not born testers. We become testers. Some of us become testers by circumstance, we “just stumble into it”. Some of us choose the path of a tester. In both instances we then make choices to determine if, and when, we improve as testers.
Everything we do in the name of ‘testing’ shapes us as a tester. By our every day actions we create ourselves as testers. And its important that we recognize this because we have to take responsibility for our own test approaches. Similarly we have to take responsibility for making ourselves better testers.
In this talk Alan will describe the dark times before he recognized his own responsibility, when he allowed circumstance to control his testing path, and the steps he has taken to improve his testing skills and make his own testing path, in the hope that you will be able to add some of those techniques to your own self improvement regime.
- What happens when you don’t own your definitions and models of testing
- How to use ‘bad jobs’ to make you a better tester
- How to take control of your testing education and make your own testing path
- How to take deliberate control of your ongoing improvement as a tester
- A: You can learn just enough to be dangerous, and you can use it to do things you’re not supposed to do. And because we’re learning this to improve our testing, that will all be just fine.
To make things fun, some of the things we will do are:
- cheat in ‘real’ browser based games, e.g. infinite lives etc.
And to justify this to your boss, we will:
By doing this you will add a powerful, and incredibly underused, set of capabilities to your testing skill set.
All in only 2 hours. Prepare to move fast.
- How to interact with Browser applications from the console to create, amend, read and delete data
- How to work with browser applications below the GUI while staying in the browser
Requirements To take part:
- you WILL need a laptop
- you WILL need an update browser installed e.g. MS Edge, Firefox, Chrome (P.S. I’ll be using Chrome)
- we WILL need an internet connection to the outside world - but you don’t have to worry about that.
Tutorial - "Java For Testers - 1 Day Hands On"
I also presented a 1 day version of my Java For Testers training.