OdinSTAR 2017 - EuroSTAR and NCS Oslo May 11th 2017
EuroStar in collaboration with the Norwegian Computer Society, are hosting a one day conference on 11th May in Oslo.
I will present a workshop, and a keynote.
- Workshop - Title: “Technical Web Testing and Automating From the Web Developer Tools”
- Keynote: Real World Automating To Support Testing
Workshop - Title: “Technical Web Testing and Automating From the Web Developer Tools”
Through a combination of demonstrations, hands on exercises, and challenges we will interact with, test and automate simple web applications, all from the browser - no other tools need to be installed.
- Most of the web applications we will use are simple games so we will have fun during this workshop
In this short workshop you will add a powerful, and incredibly underused, set of tools and capabilities to your testing skill set.
- How to interact with Browser applications from the console to create, amend, read and delete data
- How to work with browser applications below the GUI while staying in the browser
Requirements To take part:
- you WILL need a laptop
- you WILL need an up to date browser installed e.g. MS Edge, Firefox, Chrome (P.S. I’ll be using Chrome)
Keynote: Real World Automating To Support Testing
Very often we talk about “Test Automation” when we should be talking about how we automate to support our test strategy and testing process. We can support our strategy and process by tactically automating tasks or by adopting a more strategic approach to our automated execution. In this talk we will explore the difference between automating tactically and strategically so you don’t get fooled by tactics that look like strategy. We will also cover concepts that help you create robust and easy to maintain automated solutions, and the techniques to implement those concepts, to support your all testing: regression, functional, performance, end to end, and exploratory.