On 4th December 2012 I presented a Webinar for Eurostar on Technical Testing.
Webinar Recording on Youtube
Technical Testers will find a way:
- I wrote a bunch of stuff in Excel to bypass some ‘environment lockdown’, see also Testing when your hands are tied - a bit old now, but the spirit still shines.
- I also have a bunch of other tools and utilities) that I have written over the years. Most have been open sourced.
Tools listed in the bluffer’s Guide:
- Google Apps Script
- Databene Benerator
- I recommend Eric’s book on Fiddler
- MS VPC Compatibility Images
- Selenium IDE
- Chrome Developer Tools
- Opera Dragonfly
- OWASP Testing Guide
- Putting Systems To Work by Derek Hitchins
- The Art of War, and sonshi.com
- The Book of Five Rings
And I leave the rest up to you. I honestly think that the testing world will add more value when everyone in it augments their testing knowledge with technical knowledge, and management knowledge with Technical Knowledge.
And you decide, how you do it.
Technical Web Testing Course
I now have an online course that teaches the basic skills and approaches for Technical Web Testing.
And you can also learn some of the skills on my free Test Automation U course.