“Thanks for this course Alan Richardson I learned a lot using the browser to automating.” Carolina Rojas
“It’s my favourite course on @TestAutomationU” Paul Farrell
“Thanks again for your course. I used what I learned to help me testing ‘Show more’ type paging today - very successful. I wouldn’t of reached 1000 pages otherwise!” Benjamin Dowen
“Excellent course” James Vickery
“Pretty awesome really… Highly recommended” Geir Gulbrandsen
- Mozilla Developer Network
- w3 schools
- I have a micro-course in my Patreon which shows step by step how to use the automating in a browser techniques to hack a simple game.
- My Technical Web Testing 101 course has a section on these techniques using The Evil Tester Sloganizer and a different instantiation of TodoMVC
Blog Posts and Videos
- Using Bookmarklets for DOM amendment
- Click bots for social media and beyond
- Practice Applications
- Difference between hacking, cheating and automating?
- Lessons learned from Automating - Instantiated
Apps to Practice on
- The games have been bundled with other apps into The Evil Tester’s Compendium of Testing Apps
Apps to learn from
- Check out this Useful Snippets Chrome Extension by Viv Richards and Alan Richardson, it has small snippets of code you can use for testing, and when you use them it will show the code and a version of the code pre-formatted as a bookmarklet in the console.
- DOM Elightenment - http://domenlightenment.com/